Monday, March 7, 2011

Olivia Serie V, as smoked by Olik Neves


Everyone on the webz, and loyal followers of the Box Press, I introduce to you Olik Neves, guest blogger and fellow cigar smoker.

-----------------

I’ve been staying with the mild to medium cigars so far on my excursion through the humidor. This is my first write-up for any cigar, but I’ve smoked several good ones so far (including the previously besmirched Butera Royal Vintage which was quite smooth, creamy and very tasty). At the smoke shop, I asked for a mild cigar and it was suggested that I try the Oliva Serie V. I chose the Churchill size as always.

My first impression was that it leaned more to the medium side of the robust scale. The initial flavor was very spicy with a definite peppery flavor. About 20 minutes into the cigar it started to mellow a bit, the spiciness became subdued and the pepper all but disappeared.

At 30 minutes in the Oliva took on a definite flavor that reminded me of pretzels. The cigar took another 30 minutes or so before the ‘pretzel’ flavor began to fade and since it was getting down to the last couple inches, I stopped smoking at that point. The Serie V was very enjoyable, burning quite even from start to finish.

Review:

Oliva Serie V

Size: Churchill

Cost: $9.50

Length of smoke: about 90 minutes

Flavor: Spicy, peppery, pretzely (?!)

Olik Scale of enjoyability: 8/10

No comments: